Internet Blackout of the Day: The Great Wikipedia Blackout of 2012 has begun.
Reddit, TwitPic, Mozilla, Mojang, and thousands of others will soon follow suit. The Internet is officially on strike! Why? Because the House and Senate are conspiring with the entertainment industry to break the Internet.
Make no mistake: SOPA has not been shelved. And a vote on PIPA is just around the corner. Luckily, hundreds of companies, charities, and notable individuals with strong moral character have joined forces to stop these dangerous Big Brother bills from moving forward.
The fight is far from over, but hopefully today’s blackout will help bring this important matter to the attention of folks who rely on the Internet for entertainment and education, but have so far remained oblivious to SOPA and PIPA and their harmful consequences.
Do your part. Take action. Stop SOPA and PIPA and put an end to threat of Internet censorship.
If you absolutely must scab, here are a few useful links:
- Five ways to survive the Wikipedia Blackout.
- Wikipedia Blackout: Survive with these 12 alternatives.
- #altwiki: A collaborative crowd-sourcing alternative to Wikipedia.
- How to access Wikipedia during the blackout.
Read it. Know it. Stand up against it.
- xasapcarlosx reblogged this from writingfromatyrant and added:
- v-eck likes this
- lipstains-and-flowers likes this
- veyatie likes this
- lychen-laut reblogged this from wickedclothes
- survivor-x-never-a-victim reblogged this from dianelockhart
- we-are-motionless reblogged this from juliacolombini
- juliacolombini reblogged this from rufustfirefly
- carolinepeq likes this
- sam-paranoia reblogged this from fallinginreverseforronnie
- marcusbrewer392 reblogged this from fibercrack
- pergrav reblogged this from ohwhatevertrever and added:
- pergrav likes this
- 23sydneys reblogged this from wickedclothes
- thyestean reblogged this from lizard-person